Why Sweettouch Carpet Cleaning for an Air Duct Job?
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
Indoor air quality is one of the most overlooked factors that can pose health risks for households. In most homes today, anywhere between twenty and forty pounds of dust and dirt sit in your air ducts. Your HVAC system is the lungs of your home and it pushes out bad air if it’s not cleaned properly. Every home generates a lot of contaminants and air pollutants, such as dust, dander, and chemicals. These contaminants can be pulled into your HVAC system and recirculated between four and six times per day.
Over time, this recirculation can cause a buildup of contaminants in your ductwork. Depending on the situation, there could be contaminants and pathogens that could cause serious problems for people with respiratory health conditions, autoimmune disorders, or some environmental allergies.
A full inspection of your HVAC will help us with the cleaning process and the solution depends on how many vents exist as well as the size and condition of the blower and cooling coil. Some homes have two units and may require being fully disassembled to expose both sides of the condenser and evaporator coils.
Sweettouch Carpet Cleaning may be the new kids on the block when comes to air duct cleaning world, but being in the cleaning business for over ten years helps us understand what it takes to provide a 100 percent guarantee of getting the job done right the first time.
Because we have the newest and most advanced equipment, we can guarantee our customers the best in air duct cleaning services. Understanding standard practices and using biodegradable cleaning products, we can clean your system properly and make it as close to new as possible. With Sweettouch Carpet Cleaning, there is never any hidden fees. We pride ourself on honest and reliable pricing. We’ll never be deceitful for the sake of an upsell.
The top reason to keep your air ducts clean is for the prevention of mold growth inside your air ducts. Mold can potentially become a serious health risk to your family. That is why, at Sweettouch Carpet Cleaning, we take your air quality seriously. We have training and certifications in HVAC and we’re licensed to help spot mold and other problems! Sweettouch recommends you clean and maintain your air ducts every two years to prevent mold growth inside your air ducts.
Before you get your ducts cleaned, check with Sweettouch Carpet Cleaning!
If you believe it’s time to clean your air conditioning duct work, then check out our 7 step preventative measures listed below in order to ensure that your problem doesn’t return after they’ve been cleaned. Call us today to book your appointment.
- Never trust any air duct cleaning service that makes outrageous health benefit claims, promises to increase the efficiency of your system to an outrageous degree, or charges low rates that are too good to be true?
- Check online reviews to make sure that the duct cleaning company has great reviews. A company with bad reviews will only do bad work.
- Never allow the company to use chemicals such as insecticides, biocides, or chemical cleaners. Remember, this stuff is later going to be circulating through your air!
- Do not allow a company to use steam. This introduces unneeded moisture into your air conditioning system and, although the moisture on the airflow side of your ducts will soon evaporate, steamers will also blow moisture into areas that do not receive air circulation (joints, etc.) which is a recipe for mold growth. Never allow unnatural moisture into your HVAC system.
- Do not hire a “fly-by-night” air duct cleaning company, because there will be no guarantee that the job will be done correctly. Additionally, it will be impossible to take recourse against them if it isn’t. We are talking about a $300 to $1000 investment here, please do your research.
- As with any professional, ask for a price quote (also known as a “bid”) prior to hiring them. They should not be charging you by the hour or changing the price. The price should be upfront and should include a complete cleaning, blower, coil and ducts with sanitizer and deodorizer.
- Make sure the company you choose has insurance and references
BLOWER & COIL CLEANING
The blower motor and coil are essential to maintaining the longevity of your furnace or air handler. If your coils are damp, they tend to pick up dirt in the air quicker, creating a place to breed microbial growth in your home. Dirty coils increase the amount of time needed for the system to reach the desired indoor climate. HVAC systems with uncleaned coils can consume up to 35 percent more energy than a furnace that has been cleaned because they have to work harder. Routine maintenance is very important to catch problems and save electricity. Remember, the blower and coil are part of a complete air duct cleaning.
DRYER VENT CLEANING
Sweettouch Carpet Cleaning recommends having your dryer vents inspected and cleaned yearly to prevent clogs from affecting the performance and safety of your clothes dryer.
Sweettouch professionals use high-pressure air and specialized tools to clean and aid in the removal of lint, debris, and other obstructions found in the dryer vent. Over time, lint and debris build up inside dryer vents, causing fire hazards and decreasing the efficiency of your clothes dryer. There are over 15,000 fires caused by dryer vents in the U.S. each year. Our dryer vent cleaning process ensures proper ventilation and airflow.
The cost of an air duct cleaning can vary, but it ranges anywhere from around $300 to over $1000 for a full cleaning of your central air conditioner. Be wary of anyone who claims that they will do it for the “bargain price of $75!” or that they’ll get the job done in under two hours. If you are going to get your HVAC system cleaned, make sure the company is HVAC Licensed.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 25 to 40 percent of the energy used for heating or cooling a home is wasted every day. Contaminants in the heating and cooling system cause it to work harder, subsequently shortening the life of your system. Although filters are used, the heating and cooling system still gets dirty through normal use. When an HVAC system is clean, it doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the temperature you desire. As a result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness.
Additional Services We Offer:
• Hot Water Extraction
• Flood Cleanup
• Fire Restoration
• Tile Floor Cleaning
• Grout Cleaning and Sealing
• Carpet Cleaning
• Carpet Repair
• Area Rug Cleaning
• Marble Cleaning
• Mattress Cleaning
• Upholstery Cleaning
• Furniture Cleaning
• Window Cleaning
• Pet Urine Removal
• Pet Odor Treatment
• Pet Stain Removal
• Stain Removal